Thursday, May 27, 2010

The end is drawing near

I have 3.5 days of school left, Carleigh has 2 days left and Cody has 4 days. I won't be officially on vacation mode until June 7th at noon (when my First Aid class is over)!! It's funny how none of us have the exact last day of school. Cody has to go on Thursday morning because of snow days. The AM kindergarten is the only grade level that has to go an extra day. Silly I know?!! What are they thinking? Cody is having a pizza party on that day so not a lot of academics will be involved!

I am in shut down mode as well. Tomorrow is Pillow Reading Day in which students in my class will bring a pillow and sleeping bag/blanket and books for a day of reading. What I would REALLY like to do is take a pillow and sleeping bag and go to sleep!! LOL! But I will be doing report cards and student awards while they are reading.

This weekend, it is supposed to be beautiful so we have plans to spend the day in Liberty on Saturday and hitting the beach on Sunday after church. We may see a Memorial Day parade on Monday.

The end is drawing near and I am finally seeing the light at the end of a very long tunnel.....I didn't think I would ever make it to this point!!

3 comments:

Toni said...

"What I would really like to do is..." LOL! That cracked me UP.
Blessings,
Toni
p.s. almost there.

Toni said...

Wait a sec....what beach???

A Family Created By God said...

Toni, we are going to a beach at Houston Woods State Park. It is not a saltwater beach, but it has real sand along a beautiful lake.