Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Milestone

Tonight, Cody and I visited his new elementary school. He will attend his new elementary school for 1st - 4th grades. So, basically, Cody will be there for a LONG time! We had a tour of the school, met with some of the teachers, principals and checked out the school. I LOVE the school layout with a commons area in which they share a kitchen area and lots of tables for pulling children out and book sharing. Cody loved that all the classrooms had guppies and many had turtles. His favorite part was the really nice playground. I still am trying to fathom that Cody will be a first grader. It seems like yesterday he was a 5lb 2 oz premie that we brought home from the hospital. I totally agree with the country song "Don't Blink." That song has been going in my mind all day. *sigh*

1 comment:

Toni said...

I know. I am SUCH a nostalgic person and while I love to remember my kids' infancy and early years, it also HURTS to remember, kwim? I can't believe how fast time moves forward. :(
Blessings,
Toni
p.s. and for the record, I can't believe your little preemie baby is headed for 1st grade either.