Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Saga of my keys...

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I posted an update that I lost my keys. This morning, everything was going as smoothly as you can when it is 10 degrees out. Until...I couldn't find my keys. Carleigh has an unusual interest in my keys, specifically my van key because it has a remote key access button. I knew she had it last night because I heard her locking and unlocking the van while I was cooking.

I told Matt to grab them from her. Apparently he forgot (HMMMM!!!) to and hence I was searching frantically at 7am this morning. I woke up Carleigh and Cody due to my search of the bedroom. I didn't care because I needed my keys in order to get to work and of course all my school keys are on there as well.

I gave up 10 minutes later and went with plan B. My dad took me to work (I had to wait until the windshield was clear enough for him to get to my house). Boy did I feel like a little kid when Dad dropped me off. And of course, wouldn't you know it, one of the parents of my student saw me get dropped off.

Matt had to pick me up thanks to Brittany who called her boyfriend or texted him and then her boyfriend told Matt. Yes, Matt needs a new cell phone! LOL

Once we arrived home, Matt went searching in the kids' bedroom and he found it under the twin bed which was one of the few places I didn't search in my crazed search. I am very glad I have them and I am keeping them in a safe place from now one from my little clepto.

No comments: