Sunday, March 22, 2009

Furniture



Yesterday, we went to IKEA and found a great deal on a kitchen table and chairs. I put it all together (yes, the bad thing about IKEA is everything has to be put together.) That took all evening, but now we have a beautiful kitchen table and chairs! The kids were excited to eat lunch today on the new table in which Carleigh refers as "her table." During lunch, Cody bowed his head, says a sentence and then says "Amen" before raising his head. It does a Mommy heart good!

We also bought a black bed that my dad helped to put together. My mom and I put the new comforter set on and it looks beautiful! I am decorating my bedroom in black and white after an inspirational wall hanging I found at that Sauerkraut Festival last October. After our bedroom is finished, we will be deciding on a bed for Carleigh. She is already talking about "my bed" and what as wants. I am painting all the rooms in the house this summer one at a time, painting one per week. The house hasn't been painted for about 11 years (well SOME haven't!).

Carleigh enjoyed shopping with all her birthday money. We found some cute blouses, shorts, a few summer skirts, a couple pairs of shoes and she still has some money left over. Cody has his Easter outfit. I was going to get a suit, but was rather doubtful that the jacket would stay on, so I found a cute sweater vest, shirt and pants combo at Target. I might find a tie that matches and make it more formal.

We are all looking forward to Spring Break! Cody and Carleigh's Spring Break is the week before mine. Ugh! I do have doctor's appts galore scheduled for Cody, but we have some fun things planned for the afternoons that they are off school. I am going to be thrilled to be off work, plus have a little "me" time to get some spring cleaning and organizing taken care of while they are at preschool.

Just two more weeks to go!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Wow, that bed is gorgeous. And the table is nice too (mission style is my preferred style so naturally I like the angular lines). We bought kitchen paint over 2 months ago. Should be going up any time now (any time now, any time now...) ;)
BLessings,
~Toni~