Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Brag Time

This time last year, Carleigh was saying one words. Granted she was saying a ton of words correctly, but were not linking them well. Now, Carleigh speaks in 5-6 word sentences. I am just amazed at her speech! Yesterday, she came over to me and said "I am tired, so I am going to sit on the couch." I couldn't help but giggle because it was so cute! She is also showing a flair for fashion. She wore a My Little Pony jacket on Sunday and decided yesterday that she MUST wear it to school. Last night when I came home from my Daniel Bible study, Carleigh was in Matt's lap with her jacket on over her pajamas! What a character for sure!

I was drinking Gatorade for dinner last night and if you know anything about Gatorade, it has a big G for its trademark. Well, Cody shouts "G" then he makes the hard "g" sound several times and of course Carleigh decides to say the soft "g" sounds afterwards. It startled me because I wasn't expecting Cody to just should it out! He knows ALL of the sounds to the letters (except long vowels) and I am thinking of working on reading words with him this summer.

No comments: