Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More antics

Last night, we were attempting to get Carleigh asleep for the night when she held her motorcyle toy and shook it. Then she said "Shake, shake, shake, shake your body!"

Matt and I looked at each other and was like "How in the world did she hear that one?" I had to laugh because these spontaneous little phrases she says surprises me and it is VERY hard not to laugh. (I also have very funny things said to me during the day by 7 and 8 year olds and I have to control my facial muscles very hard trying not to laugh.)

Carleigh is VERY excited about her birthday. She is constantly talking about picking out her bicycle. She wants a pink, princess bike. So hopefully the one I had my eye on is still available. Last night as we were getting ready for bed, she said "Let's play" and tried to open the door. Matt had to explain to her that we cannot play outside in the dark and at bedtime.

She is also doing some things that are REALLY testing our patience and I think the Lord is REALLY wanting to see how much patience I can muster as she hit Cody when he was sick and took his toy away. She also takes Cody to his bedroom, shuts the door, and either hits him or takes his toy away. She can be so devious! Then at other times, when he went to church when she was sick, she asks "Where's Cody?" I know she loves him, but also loves to terrorize that poor boy also. *sigh*

3 comments:

Toni said...

My Cierah does the same thing with Reece. She tries so hard to rule over him, but then mothers him to death as well. Oy vey! She's going to do me in.
Hope Mr. Cody is feeling better soon.
Blessings,
~TOni~

A Family Created By God said...

I hear ya Toni! Cody is back to normal and I am overjoyed! He has us very worried for a few days but I guess it took a few days for his body to rest to get back to normal.

Toni said...

Yay! So glad he's feeling better. Now my Cierah has fever and cold. Sheesh!
Blessings,
~Toni~