Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cody Update

On Sunday, Cody took a turn for the worse. He slept the majority of the day. This is NOT like my little active boy. He hardly ever slows down enough to sit let alone nap all day. He was on the couch or in Matt's lap or he went to his bed on his own and slept. We had to force him to wake up to eat and take a bath.

Needless to say that Cody missed another day of preschool yesterday. He and my dad napped the whole morning at my mom's house while Carleigh went to school. My mom had an appointment in the afternoon so my niece Brittany babysat in the afternoon. My niece is nearing her days of having freedom in the afternoons because in April she begins nursing school. I am so proud of her!

Back to Cody, Britt said that Cody ate his lunch and then climbed back in bed and took another nap. When I got home, I was debating on taking him to Urgent Care as there were no doctor appointments available. Well, about a half-hour later, it seemed like Cody woke up from his 2 day slumber and drank all his juice, started walking around and playing with his toys. Yeah! By bedtime, he was back to typical Cody in almost every way. Whew! The flu bug really exhausted him!

Now I have to de-germ my house as we have Carleigh's birthday party here on Saturday. I am hoping to get most of it clean on Wednesday evening while Matt and the kids go to church. I have already cleaned all his bedding and all of Carleigh's bedding. It makes me want to sanitize everything in this house and I cannot believe that Matt nor I didn't catch the bug!

This Thursday, I have a meeting at the Kindergarten Center for all preschoolers who are transitioning to Kindergarten next year. I am so glad it is in the evening as I have had to take a lot of days for school or dr appointments this year. I cannot believe Cody is heading for Kindergarten in August!

1 comment:

Toni said...

*I* can't believe Cody is headed for K and I'm not even his Momma. ;) Can you believe it? Kindergarten. It just truly goes by sooo fast. :(
Blessings,
~Toni~