Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of School

Ahhh...today was my students' last day of school. It was a beautiful sunny day and the weather was just perfect. My stress level is starting to go down!! Just two more work days for me and I will be home for the summer! Cody and Carleigh's last day of preschool is Tuesday and Cody's class is having a party and an awards ceremony on that day so I get to come!! I am so excited to be able to come since I normally cannot make parties or field trips.

Today was Beach Day for preschool. They brought beach towels and pretended they were at the beach. Carleigh was so proud to show me how she can sit on her beach towel and sunbathe. She is quite the character if you have met her in person!! Monday is Pajama Day for Carleigh so she gets to go to school without changing her pjs!!

I planned our 10 year weekend trip to Brown County, Indiana. We are staying Friday - Sunday afternoon. This will be our first weekend trip away from the children. They are at the right age that I feel ok about it and they are staying with my family so I can rest assured that they will be well-taken care of or should I say "spoiled" while I am gone. I will be in shopping heaven as the city has over 400 shops!! Woohoo! It is like a smaller version of Gatlinburg.

2 comments:

Toni said...

I know exactly where you're headed, Jen. We LOVE to head down there and shop (though don't EVER go at Halloween time. OH MY!!! You literally cannot move). You can take a carriage ride too. ;)
If it weren't your 10 year, I'd come down to see you (not crashin' anyone's anniversary though, lol).
It's only about an hour and fifteen minutes southeast of me. Have a GREAT time when you go and I hope you get wonderful weather. If you haven't driven over to the Bean Blossom covered bridge, DO IT! It's less than 15 minutes from there and not hard to get to. Very picturesque.
Blessings,
~Toni~

A Family Created By God said...

Thanks Toni!! We are thinking about going to the Indy Zoo this summer....maybe we can meet sometime!!