Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Crazy Times

The last two weeks of school in the life of a teacher are the most tiresome, exhausting, emotional, and joyous! First of all, we have to grade all assignments, get them into the computerized grading system (which can be a challenge sometimes), complete report cards, update student cumulative files, make awards for end of the year awards ceremony, plan and attend a grade level field trip for a picnic, participate in field day which usually occurs in the blazing hot sun in which *I* have to be out in a soccer field every year with no SHADE!! There's more that I do as well as deal with student behavior which is out of control, but I get really depressed when I think about it!! The joyous time is seeing student growth and progress and knowing that I have 2 months off to recoup and refresh before hitting it again in August.Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Most of you know that I love to take pictures, but you would probably be surprised to know that I haven't had any of these wonderful pictures developed since Cody's Adoption finalization in Feb. 2007. Here is a lesson learned: do not wait over a year to have photos developed or it will be a pretty penny!! I am having to develop them 6 months at a time or I could be looking at hundreds of dollars to get them all printed! Eeek!!

I think this is a Murphy's Law: once you pay off a computer, you will need to get a new one. I think this is going to happen for me! Our DELL computer is over 5 years old and is now starting to get really stinkin' slow. ARgh!! Alas, I think I will be computer shopping this summer. My old computer will then probably become the kids computer to play games on.

Well, Cody's "new" piano arrived on Saturday and since Aunt Connie was out of town, he didn't receive it until Sunday. You should have seen him! He was clapping his hands, stomping his feet, and laughing!! You would think that he was given the most expensive toy in the world but this piano is only a $10 toy!! Oh I hope and pray this one doesn't break as easily as his first one!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

So glad Cody loved his "pinanjo" as one of mine called it. We just had our homeschool Field Day yesterday. Weather was cool but sunny. Kids had a blast. We go to family camp this coming week, which I can't wait for (6 and under are free and meals are included. It only cost us $300 for 2 nights for a family of 6. Not bad). We'll finish the last few days of school when we get back. Yay!
Blessings,
~Toni~