Saturday, May 17, 2008

Deals

My friend Jen and I went to a community yard sale today. Boy did we find a TON of baby girl and toddler girl clothing! I brought home 5 bags of clothes with the majority of the clothes for Carleigh for less than $20! I found two really cute dresses for the summer, a TON of winter clothes for Carleigh, a few sweater vests, shorts sleeve dress shirts for Cody, and a really cute pink jacket for Carleigh for the winter. I think every house had a girl! There were just a few houses that were selling toddler boy clothes (a couple houses were selling baby boy clothes). I guess there is a baby girl boom right now! It was nice going without Carleigh this year and less stressful!!

It has motivated me to give clothes away. We give all of our boy clothing to a friend of ours and I just gave away some 12 - 18 months girl clothing to one of our neighbors. I sooooo need to have a yard sale and then give the rest of Goodwill. That is one of my goals this summer to get rid of ALL clutter and toys that the kids do not need. I definitely do not want to bring lots of extra stuff to our house when we buy it next year (hopefully and Lord willing!).

This evening, the kids played in the yard and made a collection of rocks. Why are they so obsessed with rocks?? I haven't a clue!! They were dirty and grimy so a bath was definitely needed!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Yay, Jenn. I hit the jackpot for Olivia yesterday as well. I got Limited Too shirts in like new condition for 25 cents each. I also found her some other namebrand shirts (summer and fall) and a dress and adorable pair of sandals for 25 cents each (sandals were a whopping 75 cents). She is thrilled with her new clothing.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. I too have a hard time finding boy stuff for Reece.

A Family Created By God said...

I love deals!! It just seems like no one sells boy clothing! Argh!