Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Enjoying the weather

Cody and Carleigh are enjoying the nice 60's and low 70's we are having here in Ohio. My mom has been picking them up with a wagon and taking them on a wagon ride before lunch and naptime. Sidenote: well, naptime attempts! They are lately balking at naps and I fear that my precious free time in the summer will be over because naptime is disappearing fast! (If Carleigh doesn't take a nap, she is in bed by 8pm. Hmmm...which is the lesser evil?!!)

When I came home from work, I found Carleigh playing in the sandbox with my mom watching her on our carport. She came up to me and said, "Hi Mommy! I play!" She then returns to pouring sand into a bucket (Cody was taking a late nap and was snoozing.) I then sit down and watch her play until Matt gets home. Then we get Cody up and both play have fun in the Spring sun. There have been many tears over the past three days regarding coming back into the house. They absolutely LOVE the outdoors. We are hoping our backyard gets fenced in this summer. Carleigh noticed a bird's nest in a tree and cried "Look! Nest!" She is amazed at nature, so we are planning on many hikes this summer.

No comments: