Monday, April 14, 2008

Cody and Carleigh Update

We received Cody's report card (can you imagine?) today and it was great! He is showing adequate progress in speech as well as other preschool goals. He has also mastered jumping and this goal can be taken off his IEP. I am so proud of Cody! He knows a slew of animals and can point and clearly name them. He is also connecting letters to sounds now and I can hear him saying the sounds sporadically. He is still working on expressing his wants and needs, but we see progress in that each week.

Carleigh is such a typical 3 year old: stubborn, chatty, and independent! She wants to do everything by herself with no help. And if she wants food out of a bag or packet, she MUST get it out by herself or she will refuse to eat it. Picky, picky, picky! She can follow almost any command you ask her and she is starting to be helpful around the house. She loves to find any tiny piece of paper to throw in the garbage. She loves to say "Throw in garbage!" It's cute to hear her refer to herself as "Sissy." When I was giving Cody something, she said "Sissy's?" Meaning, what about Carleigh?

6 more weeks of school and I am FREE! I am planning alot of fun weekend trips and daytrips this summer. I am also planning on "homeschooling" them this summer with a homeschool preschool curriculum I am purchasing. It will be a fun way to spend time with my kiddos as well as sharpen my teaching skills.

It is May 29th yet?????

1 comment:

andrea said...

jen
how fun are those photos from the childrens museum?



looks sooo fun!