Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mommy's Night Out

Last night, I met some dear girl friends for dinner at Olive Garden a little north of Dayton. My friend Jen, her daughter A, friend Andrea, my two kiddos and I met our friend Julie and one of her daughters A for dinner. It was a great time and I can actually say Cody and Carleigh did well. I was worried since we would have to wait for a table for awhile and keeping my two corraled into one area is not an easy thing to do! Waiting was a little hairy, but after we sat down and the children were confined to high chairs, things ran very smoothly! My dear sweet Carleigh is a salad fan! She loves cole slaw and lettuce, but I have never given her salad with Italian dressing before and she loved it! It was so cute to see her eating from her little plate and using her fork. She really wanted to be a big girl like Jen's A. In fact, she hardly ate any of the dinner I ordered for her but insisted on more salad!

Cody ate fries more than his chicken which is rare because he is such a meat eater. He did really well and on the trip back, he and Jen's A were having a good 'ole time squealing, laughing, and talking to each other. A really neat thing happened before we went out last night: Cody went into my bedroom where a picture of his preschool class was resting on my dresser. He saw a classmate's picture, pointed to the little boy and said, "Michael." This little boy is also in his class this year. I have NEVER heard Cody call anyone by their name other than our immediate family so it was sooooo exciting to hear him identify one of his classmates. He is really making a breakthrough in speech. It is so fun to hear him say new words. He understands alot of speech, but cannot say it back to us which is so frustrating for my little man. He has come a LONG way and we celebrate every little success.

I have three more days of school....ugh! Friday is a half-day thank goodness! My class is totally wild and their minds are not on school! We are having a lot of less structured activities which makes it more crazy. Is it Friday yet???????

1 comment:

Toni said...

I can so appreciate Cody's accomplishment in identifying his classmate. WAY TO GO, CODY!!!
Blessings,
~Toni~