Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall is Coming!


Fall is my favorite season! I love the falling leaves, the change of the season, the colors, smells and much, much more! It's the season of festivals, shopping, and pumpkin pie! This season will be no different for us. We plan on going to several corn mazes, pumpkin patches, fall festivals, and lots of good food!

One event that I look forward to EVERY year is Canal Days at Metamora, IN. Metamora is a very old, quaint town established in the canal days and has a still working canal with a boat to take a small trip down. I have rode that canal boat many times (not a good time to do it during Canal Days though!) On Canal Days, there are HUNDREDS of vendors who sell anything you want: food, perfume, clothing, gadgets, purses, crafts, toys, etc. I like people watching and shopping. I have often seen dogs being strolled in custom-designed strollers and even more oddities while there. Pumpkin rolls, puppies, and other items can be found there usually as well. It's a tradition that my sister and I usually go together. Oh we cannot wait to go again this year!

What are your favorite fall traditions??

No comments: