Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Crazy Evening




We had a crazy evening to say the least. Around 7pm, the tornado sirens started going off. At that point, it was just windy but we could see a HUGE thunderstorm approaching. The power immediately went out. When the news reported that a tornado was probably going to hit Forest Park, we decided to head up to the corner. We BARELY made it before the winds started blowing something fierce. I remember looking back from inside the garage and saw trees bend like I have NEVER seen them bend before.

The storm passed fairly quickly, but the heavy rain and lightning lingered. Since we walked up the street, my sister drove us down to our house in a truck. As we were approaching our house, I said, "Hey, does that look like a tree on our roof?" As we got closer, I was in total shock to see a huge portion of the monster tree in our front yard on our house! The tree is being held up by cable/power lines. We call Duke Energy who says the power should come back on by 10:30pm.

So, we had to give the kids baths by candlelight. I am very thankful though because it could have been worse. Other than meltdowns and minor inconveniences...we are all safe and alive. I am also thankful that that storm didn't hit in the middle of the night as that tree would have hit our bedroom and I think I would've had a heart attack from the sound of it hitting that corner of the house!

God is so good and I am so blessed to have my life spared as well as my family's!

No comments: