Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting ready for 1st grade!

Today was Carleigh's 1st Grade Transition meeting. It feels so wrong to type that. Where did the last 6 years go? Where did my little blonde baby go?? It also felt very strange knowing that we will not be at the Kindergarten Center next year for many reasons (one we will not have another preschool or Kindergartner for who knows when) and (two: They are closing it down and putting all the kids at the elementary schools). We have spent 5 years having one or two kids there. We will so miss all the wonderful teachers, aides, and therapists that have worked with our children there. Of course I am also excited that both kiddos will be in the same school for the next 3 years! Yay! They get to ride the bus together and no more waiting for two different buses in the morning AND afternoon! Oh and I did I tell you that they will be in the same classroom for some aspect of time together?? That should be FUN.

I was impressed when they told us all the progress she has made this year and her scores on her DIBELs test taken this month. I guess I am just shocked that this school year has zipped by so fast!

No comments: