Thursday, December 16, 2010

There's no day like a SNOW DAY!

Today was my first snow day and the kids' second snow day of the school year. I have NEVER had a snow day before Christmas in ALL my days of teaching (12 years). I think this winter is going to be very snowy!!

The first thing Carleigh said when she saw more snow was...."Can I make a snow angel?" Of course I said yes and the three of us tromped in the snow for awhile. Cody lasted maybe 10 minutes and Carleigh played while I shoveled the driveway.

This afternoon, we are coloring Christmas pages and reading Christmas books. It's a blessing to have this extra time with them!

I love snow days!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

A fun idea I got from someone else.
Print nativity coloring pages and let the kids color them. When you're out driving and you spot a nativity scene in a yard, place one of the pages in their mailbox. On it, you'll have written, "Thank you for your willingness to display the reason for the season." We're doing it and the kids LOVE it.
Blessings,
Toni