Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Recap

On Christmas Eve, we celebrated with Matt's family over at his sister's house. Carleigh enjoyed playing with her cousin's Nintendo DS which was a good sign that Santa bought the right toy for her! That night, the kids were so keyed up that they would not go to sleep until 11pm! They LOVE "A Christmas Story" and were watching it on TBS which had a Marathon of that show!

Christmas morning, Matt and I were up before the kids. This is HIGHLY unusual!! Around 9am Carleigh awoke and her little face was so surprised to see all the presents under the tree! I told her to wake up Cody and we'll open presents. Both kiddos LOVED opening presents. Of course, if it wasn't a present that interested Cody (preferably anything non-toy) he refused to open the entire gift! LOL! Luckily for him that Santa only brought him one non-toy which were Toy Story slippers!

The rest of the morning was filled with cleaning up the mountain of wrapping paper (that took HOURS to wrap), trying to get the kids to eat breakfast (failed miserably), and opening lots of toy packaging (ugh!). Carleigh LOVED her Nintendo DS and Cody was glued to his Leapster Explorer. There was one moment when we didn't know where they were. They were QUIET and playing with their hand held games in Cody's room.

Matt's parents came over to exchange gifts and round 2 of presents happened. Cody's favorite was the piano horn that they bought for him and Carleigh LOVED the Barbie pool and Princess roller skates.

Around 4pm, we went to my parents' to celebrate with my family. There was so much food and I think I gained 5 lbs (must start working out again!) and the room was brimming with presents. It took 5 trips to the van to get all the toys and gifts that the kids received from my parents and my sister and niece. Cody loved the boom box he received from my parents and the Buzz, Woody and Jesse dolls from my sister. They both received Pillow Pest from my sister and enjoyed sleeping with them that night.

Cody's speech has progressed over Christmas break and he is just HILARIOUS! You just never know what he is going to say! This morning, he was playing with Carleigh's Barbie guitar and sang "I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world!"

Today, we have played with Cody's Toy Story Basketball Door Hoop game, air hockey table and trying to organize the toy chaos. (I think we had Toys R Us in our family room!) I promise to post some pics as soon as can! We had such a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: