Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tales of a Hot Lunch

Last year, Cody packed his lunch all year. The majority of the year, most of his lunch came back untouched. Needless to say, I think he got sick of the same ole lunch.

This year, I decided that we would mix things up a bit so we devised a plan that they would buy 2-3 lunches from the cafeteria and pack the rest of the week. Last Thursday, we experimented and the kids' teacher sent a note saying that EVERYTHING was devoured! So this week, the kids tried the hot dog lunch and popcorn chicken. Since I had to pick up Carleigh for an eye appointment, Mrs. L came out and said that the kids are LOVING the cafeteria meals. And today, Codeman requested MORE broccoli!!

So I think we definitely have a hit! I just wish the lunches were just a bit cheaper!! I remember when I was in school, lunch was like a dollar a day! Now the price has almost TRIPLED! Craziness I tell ya! It's a good thing that I have only two in school!

No comments: