Sunday, April 03, 2011

Not a good Spring Break

Unfortunately for my kids, they did not have a great Spring Break. First of all, the weather was just plain AWFUL with snow and cold temps! This is terrible for my two because they would rather play outside and get dirty instead of staying inside. Second, I had to work since my Spring Break is still two more weeks away. And thirdly, Carleigh caught pink eye from either church or the doctor's office (med check appointment on Friday).

Yesterday morning, her eye was a little swollen. As the day progressed, every symptom known to Conjunctivitis appeared....red eyes, watery eyes, and the tell-tale yellow discharge. So, we took her to Childrens' since her doctor's office was closed. They confirmed our suspicions plus found an early double ear infection. Poor girl! Of course she took the antibiotics like a champ, but it was like wrestling an alligator to get her eye drops in. Not fun!

So Carleigh and I are hanging out this morning while Cody and Matt are at church. I am so glad she got this before Easter!! And now, we are just waiting and praying that the rest of the family does not get it.....I highly suspect Cody will be the next victim!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Ugh! Will say a prayer that no one else gets it.
blessings,
Toni