Thursday, April 07, 2011

Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Evening

Yesterday was a great school day. When I arrived home, THAT was when the day spiraled downward.

Checking Cody's school folder, he had a note from the nurse that said he was sent to the office for a suspicious looking red eye and that he cannot come back to school unless he has a doctor's note saying that he is not contagious. Well, we knew he must have gotten the pink eye from Carleigh.

So, Matt runs him down to Urgent Care since the doctor's office is closed. He was diagnosed with pink eye and has to have drops FOUR times a day.

Cody and I hang out while Matt and Carleigh go to church. (see a pattern here?) Cody was in such a crabby mood that I did not get my workout or walking in and it was such a BEAUTIFUL day!

Then, when it was time to administer the eye drops, Cody was given supernatural strength and it took all of Matt's strength to hold him down and I put the drops in. I literally had to pry his eyelids open and drop them in. To be a little guy of like 42 lbs., he is STRONG! It was like wrestling an alligator.

Right before bedtime, I realize that I washed my iPod. Yes, you saw that correctly! I was irate to say the least! So I submerged it in rice and am praying that when it completely dries out, I will have a working iPod again. It is one of my covet, prized possessions. Ugh!

The bright spot in the day was that our lodging has been confirmed and we are staying at an AWESOME resort just 6 miles away from Disney! I guess I will have to focus on that instead of all the other horrible things going on!!!

No comments: