Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 2 and Day 3 Highlights


Since Day 1 of my Spring Break was a rain out, I was determined that Day 2 would be better. After church, the kids went outside and played in the backyard for several hours. Their little friend Emily came over and they had a blast on the swing set. Their conversations were priceless and hilarious to say the least! And of course, Cody just had to impress Emily with his bodily functions of burping and you know what else! This caused the girls to collapse in giggles every time!!

Day 3 started a little rocky with grumpy kids who wanted to sleep instead of going to school. After two trips to the bus stop....I had 3 hours of pure BLISS! I cleaned, watched taped shows and chatted with my friend.

All too soon the hours ended and I was waiting at the bus stop for my little Kindergartner. We then played in the backyard for awhile when Matt came home early due to his company being very slow. I decided that a trip to the bike trail was a must since it was only the three of us.

I am so very proud of Carleigh who biked quite a big distance. We rewarded her with rock throwing at the pebble beach. While at the beach, we found some unusual items. The first thing I noticed was a pair of girl/lady's panties floating on the river's edge. Then Matt found a pair of boxer shorts hanging in a tree. We really do not want to know what happened there!!

And yet, while we were throwing rocks, a shirtless guy who I think I know was standing a bit of a distance away from us and was singing and raising his hands in the air. Interesting indeed. Needless to say, we kept Carleigh at a close proximity while there. To reward her for biking all the way bike, we stopped at the playground and let her play for a bit. It was great seeing her playing with a little girl she met on the playground.

No comments: