Sunday, November 21, 2010

So very thankful...

This weekend was such a wonderful, emotional, and difficult weekend for all sorts of reasons. Through it all....I came to the conclusion that I am VERY thankful for my immediate family. Friends WILL come and go, but family will ALWAYS be there for you in thick and thin. When one of us needs an immediate need, we will stop whatever we are doing and help them. This happened several times in the past couple of days.

Every family member has struggled with something very different in our lives, but through it all, we have been there for each other. If it were not for my family, I would be sunk. Many times I have cried and weeped and my sister was there for me. My mom has been there for me when I could not stay home with my children. For that, I am forever thankful to her. My niece Brittany is like a little sister that I never had. I was there when she was born, got to hold her when she was 20 minutes old and babysat her practically every weekend of the first 5 years of her life.

This Thanksgiving season, I am so VERY thankful for my family. They are a priceless gift that will never be tarnished or thrown away. Thank you Lord for my awesome, loving family!

4 comments:

Toni said...

This is simply beautiful beyond beautiful, Jen. Your words deeply touched me.
Blessings,
Toni

A Family Created By God said...

(((Toni)))

It was spoken straight from my heart last night!!

Jen Stevens said...

You have a great family! They are a treasure!

PS - I miss you!!

A Family Created By God said...

I miss you too dear friend! Maybe we can get together this weekend!!