Monday, April 26, 2010

Cody's First Practice

We received a call from Cody's coach at 5pm wondering if we were coming to the practice tonight. Really? What practice? Apparently she does not have my correct email address and we are lacking in communication. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't see or help in the first practice as I had my awesome Beth Moore Bible study of the book of Esther tonight. I can't get enough of this study. God places the right message I need to hear EVERY week.

According to Matt, there were just a handful of kids there. Luckily for Carleigh, J was there and his little sister M (whose in Carleigh's preschool class). So Carleigh and M played during the practice. Carleigh was thrilled and so was everyone else! The pitchers actually threw pitches for the kids to hit (not off a tee) and all the kids had chances to field and hit. Rain has really thrown off the schedule as it was supposed to be held last Friday. They have another practice this Friday if it doesn't get rained out. Hopefully this rainy period will end so we can have practices and Cody's opening game this Sunday. AND....Carleigh is bugging us to get this swing set put together. She can't wrap her mind around the fact that it cannot be assembled in the pouring rain!!

No comments: