Monday, April 05, 2010

Back to the old grind

Today is my last day off for Spring Break. Insert HUGE sigh here!! I normally love my job, but must really admit that I have teacher burnout this year due to 4 students in my class. I could go on and on and your eyes would be opened, but I will just say this has been a challenging year. Needless to say that this week off has been a MAJOR blessing indeed. I feel a little bit more refreshed, but the stress will begin first thing tomorrow morning.

It's a beautiful day here which wasn't supposed to happen. Oh well! The kiddos went back to school which gave me almost 4 full hours of free time. It was wonderful and I got my workout finished without interruptions. This afternoon we plan on playing outside and cleaning our front porch. When I picked them up at the bus stop, the bus aide said "Carleigh told me that Mommy would be picking her up today, not Mammaw." I guess she was so happy about that. And the first thing she said to me was that she wanted to color. (She wanted to color in her new coloring book before school started and I told her AFTER school.) She has such a memory! Cody does also!

3 comments:

Toni said...

The end of the year is in sight. Hang in there. You always have soooo much fun with your kids in the summer. Hey, since Jenn S. is moving here, I think a roadtrip to Indy this summer is in order. ;)
Glad you had some time to yourself this morning. Oh friend, that's a rare thing, yes?
Blessings,
Toni

A Family Created By God said...

Yes, I think I'll have to come and visit Jen and FINALLY meet you in person!!

Toni said...

Oh yes you will!!! :)