Sunday, January 31, 2010

The bug attacks

We are all battling something except for Matt. It all started a few days ago when Carleigh was coughing. Then Saturday night, she woke up and I found her on the floor of the kitchen. I take her back to bed and she starts whimpering. The whimpering turns to crying very quickly. She eventually told Matt and her ear was bothering her. Eventually she went back to bed and then I awoke at 7am to hear Cody pounding on his piano. I had to scoop him up and he rested with me until I felt like getting up (and I didn't). At the same time, I had an awful sore throat and it was killing me all night. Needless to say, we didn't get much rest.

Later today, Cody started feeling sluggish and napping and having a cough. I had an Open House at my school and talked very little. Now my eyes are watering, itchy and I feel awful. I feel a sinus infection coming on. Luckily tomorrow is a Teacher Inservice day and I will not have my students. Hopefully I will be able to pay attention in the meetings.

2 comments:

Toni said...

I'm soooo sick right now. I was in the ER last Wed night with an awful migraine and dry heave nausea (TMI, I know!) I had to reach the oncall doc over the weekend, who prescribed Darvocet. BIG mistake to take it (multiply the dry heaves by a power of 10). Had to see my family doc today because it's STILL not gone. I'm sick of being sick, and depressed that my kids and hubby have to see me this way. Hoping to be better VERY soon. I'll pray for you while I'm praying for me.
Blessings,
Toni

A Family Created By God said...

((((Toni)))) Wow! We have it easy compared to you! I am praying for you!!! Enjoy your cruise. Can I say I am incredibly JEALOUS?