Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ramblings

Matt started his new job yesterday. His normal hours are 1:30 - 10:00pm. I had the kids in bed by 9:30 and Carleigh was asleep by 10pm. I waited for a few minutes and then went to bed. I woke up around midnight and noticed he was not home yet. Of course I was worried so I couldn't go back to sleep and he came home around 12:20am! It was mandatory for everyone to work 10 hours last night! What a rough way to get back into the workforce. So, if he works that late tonight, I wasn't going to have him borrow my parent's truck and then drag the kids out after midnight to drop it back off so they will be missing Wednesday night church until we get a second car. Hopefully that will happen this weekend!

It is a bit hard in the evenings with a 2 and 3 year old on your own. Dinner is ok, but bathtime is CHALLENGING to say the least! By the time I had them bathed, dry and in their pj's, I was exhausted! Usually Matt takes care of Cody and I take care of Carleigh and everything is done quickly. On top of that we had a social worker meeting right when I came home from work so yesterday was not a good day for me! (Two back to back social worker meetings in two days is not fun!)

This evening is a little bit better since I alternate baths every other night and I plan on having them in bed and ASLEEP by 9:30pm so that I can have some ME time for a few minutes before going to bed. We are hoping that Matt doesn't have to work on Saturday so that we can have some family time. We are going on a date the following weekend with my sister, her husband and a few other couples. We are looking forward to that.

CUTE SAYING ALERT: Cody started crying this afternoon. So Carleigh goes over to him, bends down, and in her most caring, sweet voice says, "What's wrong?" It blew me away! She also can identify Curious George...she had George on her fruit snack label and said "George!!"

No comments: