Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another birthday comes around!

31 years ago, my mom gave birth to me on HER birthday! Yes, it is very unique to give birth to a child on your birthday. Mom had no idea that I would be born on her birthday (no planned births thirty-some years ago!) but she was so excited to find out that we would share the same birthday. September is the birthday month in my family. My niece Britt's birthday is Sept. 3, mom and my birthday is Sept. 15, and my sister's birthday is Sept. 20th. Needless to say that early December was an exciting time of the year!(hahaha!)

Today, my mom, sis, Carleigh and I went bargain shopping for clothes. I found some great deals and didn't spend over $40. I bought a brand-new sweater jacket for Cody, winter coat for Cody, jacket for Carleigh, shirts and a few pants and skirts for Carleigh, a jacket for me, Sesame Street videos (4), a Wiggles video, two skirts for me and a toy truck for Carleigh (such a tomboy!).

We celebrated my birthday with Matt's family at Chili' which is my favorite restaurant. Then my sis and I did a little bit more shopping since she had her great neice Emily and needed to buy her a few things for her overnight stay.

After church tomorrow, my sister, Britt, her boyfriend and I are going to the Pork Festival and I am going to shop ONLY for myself!! Woohoo! Matt has agreed to watch the kids (mostly napping) and to watch the Bengals play the Browns. GO BENGALS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! It hadn't occurred to me that both our husbands are Bengals fans, Jen. That could be good, lol.
Blessings,
~Toni~