Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is it Friday yet????

Well, the first week of school is almost coming to a close and the best word to describe it is....SURVIVAL! Each day got better, but due to a whole summer of taking it easy and just playing with my kiddos, I have been exhausted by the end of the day. The first three afternoons, I have fallen asleep on the couch.

Then, I find out today that I will be getting a new student on Monday for a grand total of 20 students. Yikes! I haven't had a class of 20 students in several years. It will take a few organizational strategies to handle 20 or more. The most students I have ever taught was 29 students (in a local suburban public school ) when I was student teaching in 4th grade. The max number I have taught in second grade at my school is 24 students and that was 6 years ago.

Matt tells me that our lovable, sweet Cody is the boyfriend of a cute little girl from church. Her mother told Matt yesterday that she prays for Cody and talks about Cody alot. There is nothing sweeter than preschool love!! He He He

Carleigh is obsessed with bugs, frogs and other creepy crawlies. Her Wed. night church teacher gave all the kids bug kits with plastic bugs, creepers and gear to study bugs. She has been fascinated by the little things and loves to put them back into their bug container.