Thursday, August 16, 2007

Being thankful!

Being a teacher, the salary is lacking (um REALLY lacking in Christian schools!) but the rewards and blessings are too many to count! I love teaching and know that God called me to the profession. When I first started out, I wanted to teach in public as I graduated from a public university and student taught in a public school. Try as I may, God showed me in His infinite wisdom that He had other plans for me. I subbed in public for half of a year and was depressed and deflated. A friend from church told me about this long-term sub position at a small Christian school and I jumped at it (subbing was really getting to me). I taught all day Kindergarten with the traditional Christian A-Beka curriculum. Very eye opening indeed! The distance was too much for me and I began searching for a new position and God led me to my present Christian school. There were a few years that I questioned if I should remain there, but God's still voice told me to stay. He called me to be a Christian teacher, not just A teacher. It is my ministry in life and how I can serve. I am just so thankful to be able to teach the Bible and true scientific concepts that do not go against my faith. It is exciting to teach a semester long unit on Moses and the Israelites and then switch to the life of Jesus the second half of the school year. It is also great to have parents praying for me and my family. I am just so thankful to be working with fellow believers and know that we are making a difference in the lives that we teach. Thankful, thankful, thankful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well if I weren't homeschooling, I would want my kids to have a teacher just like you, Jen. What a wonderful blessing you surely are to all your students. And you so beautifully pointed out many wonderful reasons to teach right where you are. I will pray for a great year for you and all your students.
Blessings,
~Toni~