Monday, August 20, 2007

1 down and 179 more days to go!

Well, I survived the first day of school! I have to get up around 5:30am (not good for a non-morning person like myself) and I was dragging. Once I got to school, I was ok. Boy do I have a lively or should I say talkative group! I have 19 students and just one of me which was challenging today because their minds were still in summerland. Oh, how do I forget each year about how they come in like first graders who needs lots of attention and then by the end of the year, I have molded them into independent third graders. I need to grab some extra patience in the morning with my cup of oj!!

All in all, they seem like a good group who wants to please and who are very kind to others (which wasn't the case last year). Hopefully by the end of the week, they will be used to the routine and start following directions!!

Cody and Carleigh slept in which was nice for Matt because it gave him time to himself and take care of a few things.

No comments: