Monday, October 31, 2005

I got THE NEWS!!

After over 21 months of being in our home as a foster child, today I received the most wonderful news that I have been dreaming for, for over a year. Cody's caseworker called around 9am this morning to announce that our agency was granted permanent custody of Cody. She then began to state that Cody will be transferred to the adoption unit this week and we will begin the adoption paperwork this coming month---November! This makes it very special because November is the National Adoption Month!! Words cannot express the joy that is in my heart. This joy has replaced fear and worry that has been in my heart for over 21 m onths. I can now breathe and not think "what if.." This joyful, special needs child will now become apart of my forever family. He has always been in my heart as a son, but now we can officially name him Cody Matthew Schmidt! Praise the Lord for His wonderful blessings! "Matthew" means gift from God and that is what Cody truly is!

No comments: