Thursday, July 07, 2011

What's coming up....

My niece called me today and really wanted to have a yard sale with someone. So, being the great aunt that I am, I told her yes, although I have had yard sales for several years in a row and am running out of things to sell other than the stuff that hasn't sold in the past years. It felt good to clean out Cody's toy nightmare...um I mean closet tonight while they were at church. I am amazed that I have a good amount of things to sell and I have already sold 2 bigger items that I was planning to sell. You just gotta love advertising on Facebook!

So, we have a ball game on Friday evening which is supposed to be the last (rumor has it that they may play one last game next week). Then, Saturday we have the yard sale. Next week, we are starting our summer homeschooling with workbooks and flashcards. I might add that they wanted to start tomorrow but with getting things for the yard sale ready, I am pushing the start date back until Monday. I so love the fact that my kids want to do school stuff in the summer! This sooooo warms my teacher heart!!

In two weeks, we go to state baseball tournaments in the northeast section of our state. We will be staying at a hotel that will mostly be filled with families of special-needs kids so that will be great to see that we are not alone! It should be a very fun weekend!

It seems that this summer is zipping by too fast!! I don't want to think about August yet!!

No comments: