Saturday, July 16, 2011

More School Shopping




In the previous post, I mentioned that I ordered Carleigh's backpack and lunch box and had it monogrammed. Well, Cody doesn't care about all of that and I wanted him to have a more "older boy" backpack which I couldn't find online without paying a ridiculous price. So, my mom and I went shopping today.

Old Navy had a spinning wheel and I won a $5 off when you spend $35. I found Cody's backpack and lunch box for $11. Then, I found 3 shirts, 1 pair of shorts for Cody on clearance and bought Carleigh an outfit also on sale. With the $5 off, the grand total for $42. I think that is great for everything I purchased.

Next month, we are buying their school shoes which will be the biggest expense since cheap shoes will not last a week with my rough and tough shoe scraper! Sketchers are the only brand that can handle Cody's abuse for the entire school year. They are made with re-inforced rubber on the tips. They usually hold up until late May. I am thankful that Carleigh is less abusive on her shoes, however, after a year, she definitely needs a new pair!

No comments: