Saturday, July 16, 2011

School Supplies for 2


Matt and I were discussing the cost of school supplies for two elementary students. Yep. We have two elementary aged kiddos this year....1st grader and a 2nd grader. Well, obviously we were bored and made guesses on how much it would cost for the basic supplies listed on their supply lists.

Take a guess on how much it cost?

I guessed $50 and Matt guessed $6o.

We both were WAY over! If you go to Walmart RIGHT now, every school supply is on sale at a very reasonable price. It cost us $39.94 for 2 kiddos supplies.

Now wait....that doesn't include: backpacks, lunch boxes, new shoes (they DEFINITELY need new shoes), socks, underwear, clothes, school fees, and food for lunches.

I ordered Carleigh a matching backpack and lunch box with her name monogrammed on it from Lillian Vernon. We're still debating on Cody's.

I am still amazed at how cheap it was and if you average it, $20 bucks for each kid. I bought all the supplies at Walmart and if I would have skimped on cheap tissues, it would have been less, but come on....who wants to blow their nose on flimsy stiff tissues?!!

No comments: