Thursday, July 14, 2011

Room Makeovers

I have had white or off-white paint on all the walls in my house since we moved in 13 years ago. Well, I am frankly tired of white walls. Over the course of the summer and fall, I will be changing all of that!

We are going to start with Cody's room. His room has been decorated in Mickey Mouse for quite some time. Seeing that he is 7.5 years old, he needs a big boy bedroom. So....we are going to decorate in his favorite things....musical instruments! With the help of my sweet niece who offered to help, we are going to paint Cody's room a soft green and then transform the room. Check out my blog in the weeks to come to see the transformation!

We are also going to transform the family room as well. I am going with a soft tan color. I will have to do the least work in this room since I just have to paint and get a few hangings on the wall. This will be my birthday present to myself...I am decorating in primitive sheep. I have always wanted to do this but have never gotten around to doing so.

Both rooms will be finished before I go back to school in August. I plan on painting the bathroom, kitchen and Carleigh's bedroom over the course of the fall and winter. Carleigh's room will not be transformed because her room is perfect for the princess that she is! My kitchen needs a makeover also since it has not been redecorated in 13 years!! I have a few decor-crazy family members who will no doubt want to help in all of this!! It will be a great way to have a "new" house and bring some color into this house!

No comments: