Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Sunroof Nightmare

Normally I do not blog about issues like this, but there is a great testimony in this! Here's the background: the van's a/c is not working (and I really do not want to spend the hundreds to get it fixed right now) so I have been rolling down all my windows in the van and using the sunroof. Well, last Thursday, I tried to close it and discovered it would not close! What?!! This was so not what I needed on top of a lot of other things going on. Matt took it to Toyota today and said that after one and a half hours of look ing it over, the technician came out and said that he has bad news. Some parts of the sunroof were damaged and the glass was jammed with the sunroof cover. And for a cheap total of $3,000 we could get it fixed on Friday.

Yes, you saw that right....$3,000 to fix a sunroof. Insane! And, oh, yes we have $3,000 just floating around in our wallets! So, Matt brings it back, I get frantic and start calling my parents. My dad is a mechanic so he came over and took out the dvd player and tried to get it close, but he could not. Well, his co-worker happened to come over to the garage and came over. With both of them pulling and pushing the lever, THEY GOT IT CLOSED! YES!!!! We tested it with our water hose and no water seeped into the van! Praise the Lord! I am so thankful for my dad and Greg.

No comments: