Wednesday, September 08, 2010

School is exhausting!

School is exhausting for my two kiddos! Cody gets off the school bus in a daze. It has been such a big transition from going half day for 3.5 years of school and now doing the full-day thing, he is just wiped! The first thing he does when he arrives home is to drink juice and then he lays in the floor snuggling his best friend Mickey. Some days, he walks far enough to climb in his bed.

Carleigh is tired too. Not sure if she is tired when she is over at my mom's house (poor Mom) but when she gets home, she tries to fall asleep. Bedtime is going much more smoothly than in the summer time. Yay! And I also think their seasonal allergies flare-ups have not helped.

I must admit that I am tired too but not nearly as much as the kids. I hope that they get into the routine soon and life in the evenings will be better.

Did I mention that BOTH kids had homework last night? It was cute because Matt and I both were working at the kitchen table trying to help both of them with homework. This is just the beginning of many nights around the kitchen table!!

No comments: