Monday, July 26, 2010

Challenger Awards Picnic




Cody's Challenger League had their Awards ceremony at Monkeyland Park (a private park) yesterday. Despite the heat, it was a great time! There was a D.J. (and of course Cody wanted to be with him all the time), carnival games with great prizes, playground, lunch, and hayrides. It was really shady in most areas so we stayed cool for awhile.

Cody was the first player of the league to receive his trophy since the Angels are the first team in the alphabet. He LOVES his trophy (mostly because the baseball spins)! I'm going to get a wooden shelf and place it on there with his team portrait. This is his first ever trophy and no doubt just the beginning of many trophies!

It was great meeting parents who face similar struggles and it's comforting to know that we are not alone! And Carleigh cannot wait until next year when SHE gets a trophy!

3 comments:

Toni said...

The park is beautiful. Reminds me of the Christian campground we had our camper permanently parked at back in OH. And I love the trophy. Although, it made me giggle because I saw the closeup first and thought it was about a foot tall. Then I saw the whole thing in Cody's hands in another shot and realized I had the scale all wrong, lol. And the slide is a total flashback from my childhood. There was one like that in my local park that I forgot all about. And finally, we might be getting a guinea pig. I was set on a rabbit, but someone at church offered a free guinea pig so we're thinking, "Maybe." ;)
Blessings,
Toni

A Family Created By God said...

Toni....you make me laugh!! LOL! Yes, the trophy is like 5 inches tall! Guinea pigs are fun, a few teachers have them as pets at our school. They are cute and easy to care for! Keep me updated on your "pig"!

Toni said...

We're getting the guinea pig! His name is Edgar and they're bringing him to us next Wed. The kids are soooo excited.
Blessings,
Toni