Sunday, November 29, 2009

Don't Blink

What a quick Thanksgiving break! It seemed like 5 days went whizzing by in 5 hours! I had such a nice break, but oh I could use a few more days off to clean and just breathe before going back to our crazy busy schedule!

On Wednesday, the kids and I slept in (oh, joy!) and just had a stay at home day with lots of playing and fun. Thursday was of course Thanksgiving and then my sister and I went shopping at a few stores that were open and found some great deals.

I awoke at 2am on Friday morning (couldn't sleep) and was eager to go shopping at 4:30am. We were a little disappointed that all the popular items we wanted were already taken due to shoppers being in the store at midnight, but we found lots of great deals and I am officially done shopping for the kids. Yay! It was quite a marathon day of shopping...we shopped from 4:30am - 8:30pm. The scariest part of it all was when I heard a noise around 3:20am and quickly figured out that someone was trying to break into our van and car. Of course we keep our doors locked and the thieves left empty-handed. I just wish I could've seen what he/she looked like. I am just thankful that they did not break a window or try to break into our house. I have such a knack for witnessing scary things these days.

On Saturday, Matt and I went out to dinner and then saw the movie "Blind Side." What a GREAT movie! I really enjoy Sandra Bullock movies and this has been her best movie ever! I encourage everyone to see it. It reminds me so much of foster care and adoption, two things near and dear to my heart.

And so it is Sunday night and the chaos will begin promptly in the morning...*sigh*


No comments: