Sunday, July 29, 2007

Update



After arriving back from our mini-vacation, Cody came down with a cold. He then generously shared it with Carleigh and I. Cody had a mild case and was over it by Friday, but it is still lingering for Carleigh and I. It is nothing major, just a stuffy & runny nose, slight sore throat and a cough. I am thankful that it hit me now and not in a few weeks as I go back to teaching in 3 weeks. Sadly, the summer has gone by so quickly! I have to return for teacher inservice (yawn) in 2 weeks and then school officially starts August 20. I had a party yesterday at a home of a parent whose child is in second grade this year and I got to meet some of my students this year. They seem very sweet and I am excited to try a few new things differently this year.


We are awaiting Carleigh's appeal verdict in her case. Once, the verdict has been rendered, we will move forward with her adoption. We are hoping and planning to adopt her in the late fall. She has learned so much this summer! The things she says and does are just too cute and...funny! Her daddy showed her how to pretend to sleep and snore. So this morning as I got her out of the crib, she laid down and snored! She also hits herself or other people (including me!) and says "Ow!" Now, if we can get her to stop hitting her brother and taking his toys away, all would be good!


Cody has been making amazing progress in speech! I think he will blow away his speech therapist at school when he goes back in September. He can count 1-10 (when HE wants to), knows most of his capital letters and some sounds, identifies some colors and shapes and identifies some animals. He is also understanding more oral language and commands. His favorite phrase is "uh-oh!" I am seriously considering buying the special needs homeschool curriculum and speech curriculum for the fall and work with him and his sister in the evenings.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can it really be? It seems like yesterday that you were excited for the school year to come to a close. And now it's so close again. Time truly flies.

How wonderful to hear of the progress the kids are making. They're so blessed to have you as their Momma.
Blessings,
~toni~
p.s. Carleigh looks soooo cute with her doll.