Sunday, July 08, 2007

More progress and a funny moment

I was reading to the kids tonight when I was showing Cody a picture of an animal, I asked Cody, "Is that a cat?" To which he shook his head no and then said "Noooo!" This is one of the first times I have asked him a question and he actually responded with a firm answer. He is also learning a lot more words lately. Whenever Carleigh learns a new word, Cody tends to learn the same word a week or so behind her. He said "flower" and pointed to a photo of a flower in a book tonight. He can identify many letters and numbers to much the surprise of his therapists. I have been really working with both of them to follow commands and to respond to questions. Each day, we read books, practice the alphabet, and then move on to shapes and colors. I am also working on some PT suggestions that Cody's preschool PT suggested as well as suggested activities from his private PT (physical therapist). I really want Cody to improve and to better function in the preschool setting beginning in September. I think his teachers and aides will be amazed at his progress. I guess the teacher in me can't take a break over the summer, I need someone to practice! He He He!

Okay, time for a celebration! Carleigh is totally finished with the bottle!! Woohoo! To some that may not be a big deal but for this mommy who has been dealing with bottles for 3.5 years now, I am overjoyed that one of them is finally finished with them. Cody is still a work in progress, but he is now holding his own bottle. I am going to switch from the nipple to the sippy cup spout soon.

Carleigh funny: We were sitting out on the porch this evening. Cody and Carleigh were playing on the porch and I was cooling off from spray painting my corn hole set. I was drinking bottled water when Carleigh comes up and I sprinkle a drop of water on her head. I thought she would get mad, but she LIKED it! She wanted me to sprinkle more water over her head until she was totally drenched! Silly girl! Cody didn't like it as much as Carleigh. It really did cool her down though!!

No comments: