Thursday, March 22, 2007

Learning is taking off!

Carleigh is really taking off! The other day, Matt was wearing an Ohio State sweatshirt. She pointed to the O and said "O!" I was really shocked since I really haven't started working on letters or numbers with her. I guess "Sesame Street" and her Lulu Spider is influencing her. This got me motivated and this summer we are going to have "summer school" with mommy!! She also is very imitative and will copy anything I do. She is such a little learning sponge right now! I am hoping that she will be able to attend our new preschool at my school when she is 3 years old.

Cody has some changes in his preschool class. His former teacher will be having a baby within the week, so Cody will have a long-term substitute teacher for the remainder of the year. Hopefully Cody will do well with a new person. I am also planning on going with Cody to his preschool field trip to Parky's farm in May. His favorite word is cookie and right now it is his favorite food. And....he loves Cookie Monster! (Although Elmo is still his all-time favorite!)

We are also planning on taking the cribs away and transitioning to toddlers beds for both Cody and Carleigh. And if that isn't adventurous enough...we might be boarding the potty train too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Putting the cribs away? Oh, that makes me SAD! I know, I know. It's time and all. But,...didn't you just post about getting that call at school to take in Cody just yesterday??? Where does the time go?

A field trip with Cody in May sounds absolutely wonderful. Take lots of pictures and be sure to post some here.
Blessings,
~Toni~