Sunday, May 27, 2012

School is Out!

Wednesday was the last day of school for my children! I cannot believe summer has begun for them while I have over 2 more weeks to go. They brought home beach bags with TONS of summer activities/toys and food that their teachers bought for them. Each beach bag contained: bubbles, chalk, jump rope, popsicles, water balls, paper, markers, crayons, water balloons, snacks, bubble gum, and much more! Of course all of it was dumped on our floor plus all their school supplies from the year. Needless to say, it was quite a mess Wednesday night!

We went to Kings Island Friday evening and enjoyed short lines and fireworks as the park closed. Yesterday, we went to Indiana for a day at the farm. Today was more interesting as we had a cookout at a family member's home with sprinkler time and cartwheel demonstrations.

Tomorrow we are doing some household duties and another cookout is scheduled at Matt's sister's home. It has been quite the weekend with food and I hope I haven't gained 5 lbs. I'll need a big workout after this!!

No comments: