Thursday, February 09, 2012

(Hopefully) On the Mend

Yesterday, I visited a section of the hospital that I hope I NEVER have to visit again. My reason for being there was so minor compared to some of the people who were there with me. An older woman who shared the same hospital room (for a short time) that I was in was obviously there on a daily basis for cancer. Others were there for the same reason, there were a few of "us" who were there for minor things, but mostly people were there to fight a cancer battle.

I must say that those nurses are so up-lifting to those patients and am so glad that God placed them there to cheer them up! I heard lots of laughter and cheerfulness.

It makes you REALLY think about what you are thankful for that is for sure! So even though I spent most of the day there getting 2 units of blood, I was thankful that it could have been worse...much worse!

And I can say I am slowly mending from all the health issues I have been battling for months. This was the first step, today I go back to the eye surgeon for the last time, and then I will continue to be monitored by my other doctors. I cannot wait to start my exercise regime again and be physically able to do things that I need to take care of.

No comments: