Saturday, February 19, 2011

As if we didn't have ENOUGH drama these days...

I get a phone call from my husband asking me if I knew what was going on near our next door neighbor's house. Of course I was shopping and had no clue. He tells us that water is shooting out of the ground like a geyser and is flooding our backyard and front yard. Some water seeped onto the carpet on our front screen porch. So, we raced back to see this spectacle. When we arrived, there was a policewoman blocking it with her car. Firetrucks, two different cities' utilities people were there because they were not sure which had jurisdiction. (We are on the border of two cities AND a township!)

From this picture taken by my brother-in-law Jerry, you can see quite a beautiful rainbow. Cody LOVED seeing the rainbow by the way! Rocks were thrown onto our neighbor's roof and several hit her garage window breaking the window. It is a REAL mess and has left a HUGE hole in her front yard near her mailbox. We looked at it and it looked like a well.

This is not the first time this has happened. About 8 or 9 years ago, we had another geyser like this, but it happened in the middle of the road near the same house. I must say it was quite exciting to see all the emergency personnel on our quiet street and it was cool that we could see this sight from the hill of Tuley. However, I am not liking the lack of water we have right now. I feel like I am "camping." No baths for the kiddos tonight and having to put water in the toilet to flush is NOT fun. I am praying they come back tomorrow to fix this problem. I can deal without a shower, but I need a toilet!!!

No comments: