Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another snow day!

Woohoo!! I really didn't think we would get this snow day, but am so thankful! We received 2 inches of snow this morning. It this would have hit earlier, we probably would have stayed on a delay. The roads should be clear by lunchtime. Snow began to fall around 3am and we had 2 inches by 7am.

Our morning was crazy though. I woke up at 4:30am when Carleigh was sleepwalking/dazed look on her face. So I put her in my bed and I went to look at the snow. No schools were closed or delayed yet. I went back to bed but couldn't fall asleep so I got up at 5am and started watching the delays. The local school district was on a 2 hour delay which means that Cody has no preschool since he is AM preschool.

Then I had a dilemma...what was I going to do with Cody and Carleigh? My mom is babysitting now but she had to stay home today to get her delivery of heating oil. Our original plan was for Matt to drop Carleigh off at Mom's for the day and my sister would watch Cody until school started. I called mom rather panicky saying that my school wasn't on a delays yet (as of 5:45am). She suggested that Matt drop off Cody and Connie could watch Carleigh. So Matt takes Cody over to moms and the roads were VERY bad at 6:30am. Then my school goes on a delay at 6:20am. Then we noticed that local school districts are changing to closing. So, I get a phone call around 7:15am saying that our school is closed! My dad brought Cody back home on his way to work around 7:30am. What a morning! The only one who got a decent night's sleep was Carleigh who slept in until 7:45am this morning!

I love snow days but I think I might need a nap when my to go down for a nap!

No comments: