Friday, November 02, 2007

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is Adoption Day for Carleigh! It still seems so surreal.

I have been thinking about the day we brought her home from the hospital...my mom, Cody and I went to pick her up in the early afternoon. Seeing her laying in the hospital nursery with just the hospital clothes she had on, I felt sad that I couldn't have been there when she was born, but am so blessed to be able to bring her home with us! I got to dress her in the outfit that I brought and I remember all the security issues involved with me taking home a newborn that I did not give birth to. She was so tiny, but not nearly as tiny as Cody.

She has blossomed into a smart, curious, michievous, and happy little girl. She and Cody love to chase each other and make one another laugh! It is amazing that words are not a barrior to their friendship. I am so thankful that she and Cody will grow up together and also have the biological link that they both share. Although she is too young to understand what adoption is, we will begin to introduce the word and what is means each year. We also have her lifebook that explains what happened to her prior to adoption.

I plan on working on a slideshow of her life thus far. I will try my best to limit the number of photos as she is only 2.5 years old!

I will post photos of the Adoption Day sometime tomorrow.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Loved reading this very touching post, Jen. Totally swept into it with my own adoptive mama's heart.
Blessings,
~Toni~