Monday, November 12, 2007

Talk, talk, talk and other developments

My kiddos have been talking alot lately! To some that would be annoying, but not to me. Everytime Cody or Carleigh says something, I am just cheering them on. Lately, Carleigh's vocabulary has exploded! Some of her new words are: "Ready, set, GO!" "I do it!" "Do it again!" She is starting to put 2-3 words together and can understand directions that I give her. Cody is also learning new words and seems to repeat what Carleigh says a few days after she has discovered the word. I am just so thankful that he has her in his life to help him!

It was such a sweet sight last night when Carleigh showed true concern for Cody. Cody had hurt himself and was crying. Matt was comforting him and Carleigh when over to him and patted him and then got teary eyed. It is so comforting to see that she does love and care for her special big brother.

There are days when I think her "terrible two" stage will nearly kill me, and then there are special moments like these or special hugs that make me melt!

In other areas...we are now thinking about Christmas and making lists for family. So, I have to start sifting through the zillion toys that they have and start giving their least favorite toys to charity. I just cannot handle that much stuff in my house. We are also thinking about switching rooms such as bedrooms, living room etc. to free up some space so that we can have birthday parties at home instead of at restaurants. In a year or so, we are hoping to buy a bigger house with more room. For now, I think switching and maximizing space will help for at least another year.

1 comment:

Toni said...

We too have to purge old toys. As a former procrastinator and minor clutterbug, I just CAN'T let the clutter grow. It goes, goes, goes before we bring in new "stuff." My 8yo is very sentimental, which makes this job challenging. But it NEEDS to be done.

Oh, the terrible two's. I have that to look forward to again. It's a crazy, stressful, yet often funny and wonderful time, yes?
Blessings,
~Toni~