Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend 2007

Saturday, our church had our Memorial Day cookout and campout at the Weaver's farm in Liberty, Indiana. The Weavers are my sister's in-laws. Cody and Carleigh had a blast playing in the dirt and picking up rocks! They also had some church friends to play with in addition to their cousin Devon. Cody loved riding the ATV and going down scary hills on the Mule. Cody would just roll with laughter everytime we would hit a bump. Carleigh enjoyed chasing the ducks back to the pond and I don't think I have ever seen ducks run and fly as fast in my life...but I think I would run too if I had two toddlers chasing me!

Today, we had our friends Shannon and Niki over for pizza and cornhole. Although it was sunny and hot, we had a really nice breeze. We had to dodge a few showers but we got a lot of cornhole games in before we stopped for an ice cream excursion to Culvers. We also got 2.5 hours of uninterrupted adult time while the kiddos napped.

Tomorrow we will go to the Hamilton parade if it doesn't rain. Cody loves flashing lights and Carleigh loves ambulances so I think it will be a big hit for them again. We haven't been to a parade since last 4th of July.


No comments: